To make this web site work properly we collect information about the use of our site. For that purpose, Telenity, Inc. occasionally places such small data files on your computing device and for that we use a technology called cookies or technologies similar thereto. Most big websites do this too.
We mainly use the cookies and similar technologies,
- To identify users,
- To remember users’ custom preferences
- To better help users complete tasks without having to reenter information when browsing from one page to another or when visiting the site later.
Cookies or similar technologies can also be used for online behavioral target advertising and to show ads relevant to something that we think the user is searching for now or searched for in the past.
A Cookie or Similar Technology From Technical Perspective
A cookie, or a similar technology, is defined as a file that is downloaded by us onto the computing device or mobile device in order for us to store details that we can later update and recover via these cookies during the web access. It enables us to remember your actions and preferences (including but not limited to, login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
The European Community Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament And Of The Council of 25 November 2009) (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32002L0058:EN:HTML and http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2009:337:0011:0036:en:PDF) defines cookies as a legitimate and useful tool, for example, in analyzing the effectiveness of website design and advertising, and in verifying the identity of users engaged in on-line transactions. Where such cookies and similar technologies, are intended for a legitimate purpose, such as to facilitate the provision of information society services, their use should be allowed on condition that users are provided with clear and precise information in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC about the use and purposes of cookies or similar devices so as to ensure that users are made aware of information being placed on the computing device, for example, your computing or mobile device, (terminal equipment) they are using. Users should have the opportunity to refuse to have a cookie or similar device stored on their computing device (terminal equipment).
What are cookies and similar technologies used for on this website?
We may use our own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services, personalize our website to user’s needs, facilitate better browsing for our users, provide a faster service when using the website, identify problems to improve the web site, take measurements and generate statistics and display advertisements in our belief related to the user’s preferences by analyzing the use of our website.
You may withdraw your consent related to this Cookies Policy at any time by deleting the cookies stored by us on your computing device through the adjustments and settings of your browser as indicated below.
For this consent to be valid, it must be informed, specific, freely given and must constitute a real indication of the individual’s wishes.
However, based on European Union legislation some cookies are exempt from this requirement. Consent is not required if the cookie is:
- Used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication, and
- Strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly required by the user to provide that service.
Cookies clearly exempt from consent according to the EU advisory body on data protection (ARTICLE- 29 DATA PROTECTION WORKING PARTY, Adopted on 7 June 2012 WP29) include:
- Userinput cookies (session-id) such as firstparty cookies to keep track of the user’s input when filling online forms, shopping carts, etc., for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases
- Authentication cookies, to identify the user once he has logged in, for the duration of a session
- Usercentric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration
- Multimedia content player cookies, used to store technical data to play back video or audio content, for the duration of a session
- Loadbalancing cookies, for the duration of session
- Userinterface customization cookies such as language or font preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer)
- Thirdparty social plugin contentsharing cookies, for loggedin members of a social network.
Types of Cookies used in this site:
Classified into three categories herein below, we inform you that we may use any or all of the following cookies for the following purposes:
The type of cookie may depend on its duration or lifespan:
- A Session Cookie: This type of cookie is erased when the user closes the browser. It is designed to obtain and store details while the user is accessing a website. Generally, this cookie is not stored on user’ computing device after the session is expired or browser is closed or;
- A Persistent Cookie: This type of cookie remains on the user’s computer/device permanently or for a pre-defined period of time; It is permanently stored on the user’s computing device to keep the data to remain stored there as well, and may be accessed and/or processed when user leaves and visits the website again. Optionally, the user may always delete this cookie, like any other cookie, at any time.
The type of cookie may also depend on the company that manages it / the domain:
- A First-Party Cookie: This type of cookie is set by the web server of the visited page and shares the same domain. This cookie is sent to the user’s computing device from the server or the domain managed by the owner of the website from which the service requested by the user is rendered.
The type of a cookie may also depend on the goal pursued:
- A Technical Cookie: This type of cookie helps user to better browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services found, including but not limited to, controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing restricted sections, remembering the items that make up an order, carrying out the purchasing process related to an order, registering or applying for participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing contents for the dissemination of video or sound, or sharing contents through social networks.
- A Geo-Location Cookie: This type of cookie is used to locate the user when a service is requested. This cookie is anonymous and is used, for example, to offer you the correct information based on your location or the country that you are in.
- A Personalization Cookie. This cookie lets user access the service with some general characteristics predefined, depending on a series of criteria in the user’s computing device such as, including but not limited to, language, web browser used to access the site, the regional settings of the access point, and other similar usage.
- An Analysis Cookie. This cookie allows monitoring and analyzing the behavior of the users of the website to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity on the website, platform or application and to elaborate browsing profiles of the users of the website, platform or application, in order to implement improvements based on the analysis of the users’ activity data.
- An Advertising Cookie. This cookie allows an efficient form of advertisement management that enables the offer of advertising spaces on the website, and efficiently matches the contents of the advertising with the contents of the service requested or the utilization of the website by the user.
- A Behavioral Advertising Cookie. This cookie allows management of the advertising spaces that exists at the website. This cookie stores information on user’s behavior, obtained via the continual observation of the browsing habits, which enables the development of a specific profile base for the advertising.
The Transfer of Information to Others
We would like to make you aware of the fact that by submitting your personal information to us through the cookies placed on your devices, you agree that we may transfer such information to other parties. These parties include, but are not limited to, (i) competent authorities, (ii) third parties to which the User has given his consent (iii) business partners of Telenity including but not limited to those which provide marketing and advertising services, (iv) affiliates of Telenity including but not limited to Telenity İletişim Sistemleri Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (“Telenity Europe”) and Telenity Systems Software India Private Limited (“Telenity India”) and (v) those resident abroad who are related with Telenity provided that the applicable laws in the country in question safeguard personal data at least on the same level as the currently applicable law stated herein.
Confidentiality and Security of the Information
- That we shall maintain reasonably necessary technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security of your information against accidental or unlawful loss, destruction, alteration or unauthorized disclosure;
- That we shall keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are collected.
No one under 13 years old is allowed to make use of the facilities and services provided by this website, unless we obtain prior consent from their legal representatives. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from visitors beneath 13 years old. By using this website or the related products, facilities and services, you declare that you are at least 13 years old.
Cookie Deactivation & How to Delete/Control Cookies
At any time, you can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. (for details, see https://www.aboutcookies.org/). You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. From your browser you can allow, block, or delete any cookie installed on the user’s computing device, by modifying the configuration parameters for the web browser being used by you, or actually delete the cookie from the installed directory of your computing device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work. However, please be further informed that, deactivating or deleting cookies may delay or even prevent browsing around our website, or the use of some of web site services may be limited and, therefore, your browsing experience may be less satisfactory or even inhibited.
Changes in the Policy