Telenity is an industry-leading provider of cutting-edge software products and solutions for mobile operators around the globe. We are in love and proud of the products we develop, and you'll be working with some of the top experts in the field on the frontline of technology.
We are looking for a proactive Network Operation Centre (NOC) manager, to manage our team in Noida, India. Our NOC team serves various telecom operators around the globe, and we expect their number to reach 15 telecom operators in 2021.
Main responsibilities include supervising a team of 7/24 NOC engineers (currently 5 engineers and is set to grow), monitor infrastructure, application services and associated KPIs and scheduled jobs.
The desired candidate should have ample experience about NOC processes, team building, incident management, and should be familiar with ITIL, with a passion for enhancing, optimizing, and automating NOC processes and meeting SLAs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a continuous flow of traffic for revenue-share operations, as well as managed services operations.
- Build a measurable model for NOC operations, regularly create NOC-specific performance reports, statistics, and present them to higher management.
- Ensure that the NOC team monitors availability, performance of application and infrastructure services hosted in the cloud and in data centers.
- Ensure that the NOC team monitors scheduled jobs and resolves issues by using predefined procedures.
- Initiate incidents and involve any necessary parties for immediate solution of problems.
- Manage incidents according to the incident management process and the escalation matrix. Follow SLAs for communications, responses, and schedules.
- Develop and enhance procedures to be used within the NOC. Document issues, build services reports, and maintain other NOC-specific documentation.
- Hire, train, and mentor NOC engineers. Assist NOC team to increase their product knowledge by transferring regular tasks from L2 teams and groom L1 engineers to work in L2 teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- To be successful in this role, the candidate must be attentive to details, and be able to perform basic troubleshooting of services such as Value-Added Services, Service Delivery Platform, API manager and related infrastructure. Customer satisfaction orientation is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with a professional manner.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a NOC team serving international telecom customers. Earlier management experience is a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or established professional with experience.
Soft skills & abilities
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded, proactive as opposed to reactive, self-motivation and ownership.
- Willing to self-improvement and continuous learning.
- Excellent organization, coordination and strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work in teams, as well as independently are required.
- Strong attention to details.
- Highly effective time management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and under stressful situations.
- Ability to learn and support new technologies and applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skill in English.
- Strong knowledge of the customer support flows, troubleshooting skills, techniques, and tools.
B.E. in Electronic & Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 4-8 years of relevant technical experience, preferably in the field of technical Support.
You can share your CV including the job title you are interested in to [email protected]