Telenity is an industry-leading provider of cutting-edge software products and solutions for mobile operators around the globe. We are in love and proud of the products we develop, and you'll be working with some of the top experts in the field on the frontline of technology.
Lead Engineer will be responsible for supporting Telenity solutions which include highly available,
high performance mission critical telecommunications network equipment and solutions.
Responsibilities include general troubleshooting of the solution, management of the customer as well
as the trouble ticket, establishing communication between all stakeholders including Telenity
engineers, the customer as well as any 3rd parties who are involved with the solution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop corrective actions to solve the operations issues.
- Understand the SLA & TAT for respective customer.
- Provided supervising to L1 team.
- Ensure operations related activities are performed in compliance with company standards and MOP
- Provide technical support and guidance on operations validation, development, and implementation.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and developing new solutions that solve the root cause of customer problems in tickets elevated from our L1 support team.
- Writing step-by-step processes, technical solutions, RCA, and ticket updates to customers.
- Learning new products quickly and effectively. When given access to user and developer.
- Documentation, knowledge base articles, source code, and infrastructure be able to develop a layered understanding of how the product works end-to-end.
- Routine Administrative Activities
- Resolve incidents escalated by L1 as per the agreed SLAs and timelines. They usually have a Runbook which they can refer to for immediate resolutions. They are also supposed to coordinate with any other support or dependency groups in case the incident has any linkage.
- L2 escalates the problem to Engineering team
- Provide customer assistance for troubleshooting, configuration, setup and operation of software.
- Performing and coordinating effective installation and performance of advanced operating system hardware and software on servers.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Support and maintain end user requirements, including troubleshooting, account maintenance and training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge in Telecommunications and experience in related tools to provide qualified troubleshooting and problem solving.
- GSM networking technologies principles and protocols
- VAS related knowledge and protocols: SMS, MMS, SMPP
- Strong Computer knowledge and UNIX, Linux use for administration
- Good knowledge in database like MySQL, MongoDB, SQL, Oracle and etc
- Good knowledge in Network, Firewall, TCP/IP protocol
- Good Troubleshooting skills
- Very good Knowledge of SOAP, Diameter, API, SMPP, MM7, HTTP, VXML, Ss7, Sigtran, INAP,CAP, MAP, M3UA, SIP
- Preferable with Knowledge on VAS platforms
- Preferable with Knowledge on VAS systems like SMSC, SMPP-GW, VoiceMail, VoiceSMS, RBT,
- SDP(Service Delivery Platform), USSD
- Good knowledge of shell scripting and python.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting and working with Telecom VAS Systems, GSM core network, SS7 is preferred.
Soft skills & abilities
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded, proactive as opposed to reactive, self-motivation and ownership.
- Willing to self-improvement and continuous learning.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work in teams, as well as independently are required.
- Strong attention to details.
- Highly effective time management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and under stressful situations.
- Ability to learn and support new technologies and applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skill in English.
- Strong knowledge of the customer support flows, troubleshooting skills, techniques, and tools.
Education & Experience
B.E. in Electronic & Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering
equivalent with 5-8 years of relevant technical experience, preferably in the field of technical Support.
You can share your CV including the job title you are interested in to [email protected]