Telenity is an industry-leading provider of cutting-edge software products and solutions for mobile operators around the globe. We are in love and proud of the products we develop, and you'll be working with some of the top experts in the field on the frontline of technology.
Deployment and Validation Specialist - Team Lead
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing Deployment and Validation (D&V) team. Day-to-day job assignments, delegating of jobs, monitoring teammates' progress, solving their problems with your expertise, and raising to your manager when necessary. You will plan training, determine goals, give feedback, and evaluate your teams’ performances.
You and your team will be responsible for deploying DSP services, performing partner and customer integrations, and validating the Telenity DSP system on the Public Cloud resources in accordance with the procedures and conventions defined in Telenity. You will work closely with internal and external partners. You will use tools and technologies to perform your job and develop or define new tools and technologies to ease, speed up, and increase the quality of the outcome.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough experience and working knowledge of any Linux flavor like RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.
- Through experience in the following tools and technologies curl, iperf, Wireshark, Postman, Apache JMeter, SoapUI, nginx,
- Experience in the following tools and technologies Ansible, Terraform, Robo3T, Mysql Workbench, or alike configuration tools.
- Strong understanding of networking and networks (like hub, switch, router, firewall, load balancer, VLAN, VPN, proxy, NAT, etc.).
- Strong understanding of communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP and FTP/SFTP, Diameter, SMPP, SS7, SIP, RTP, ISUP, SSL, etc.
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios & Grafana, etc.
- Hand-on with tracking tools like Jira, Remedy, etc.
- Experience in test management tools.
- 3rd-Party vendor integration experience will be an add-on.
- Delivering projects by assuring the quality of the product.
- Ability to understand the scope of work & delivery the quality project.
- Understanding of Webservices (SOAP, XML, RESTful, JSON).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python) and cron jobs.
- Familiarity with open-source technologies and frameworks.
- Familiar with Telecom modules such as CCN, OCC, SMSC, USSDGW, MSC, STP, etc.
- Familiar with SQL/NoSQL and document-oriented databases (MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch) is a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a plus.
- Having Linux certification is a plus.
- Having CCNA certification is a plus.
- Having DevOps tool certification is a plus.
Having a Service delivery platform & VAS platform knowledge is a plus
Soft Skills & Abilities
- Must have good verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Detail oriented, open-minded, proactive as opposed to reactive, willing to learn, with strong work ethics, self-motivation and ownership,
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity,
- Excellent team player w/ solid collaboration,
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to achieve results while operating independently with minimal guidance.
Education & Experience
BE / BTech / BSc degree (preferably) from Computer Science/Engineering or other Engineering Departments of reputable universities.
Work is both performed at the office and also customer environment.
No restrictions for domestic and international travel.
Enthusiastic to succeed and to support colleagues within a team environment.