Canvas® Direct Carrier Billing™
Direct carrier billing, also known as direct operator billing is a mobile payment method that is an alternative to using a credit or debit card. Direct Carrier Billing is an attractive method of payment in many cases because it can be targeted towards any user with an active mobile subscription.
The biggest question app developers are facing today is how to get paid for their apps and content. In particular they face two challenges: how to make purchasing on mobile easy enough so that people will buy their app and in-app content, and how to enable people to make payments in markets where many do not have credit cards.
The answer is direct carrier billing. Direct Carrier billing allows people to buy digital content by adding the cost of a purchase directly to their mobile bill.
- Charge subscribers’ accounts directly without the hassle of entering credit card information, additional credential checks and authentication while making purchases from global app store partners
- Prevent fraudulent purchasing and charging activities
- Centrally manage billing and charging capabilities, business models and third party relationships with global app store partners.
- Control over mobile application purchases with direct and easy charging to subscriber accounts
- Collaboration with global over-the-top players from a centralized location for all operator companies
- Enhanced fraud detection and prevention capabilities with purchase and charge quotas to protect both the subscribers and global app stores
- Ability to push business and service strategy to all operator companies faster from a central location
- Business and cost efficiency resulting from centralized operations